Sunday, April 19, 2015

At the beginning of this year, I was nervous. I had already been down to New Orleans once and honestly thought that my experience this year would never measure up to all of my amazing experiences last year. I had created such close bonds with everyone in the group last year that I never felt this year. I didn't feel the connection with as many people as I had last year and was nervous that I wouldn't make the same connections. Today I can honestly say that we are now a big family that has already created so many amazing memories. Today, we all stood around Willy Pineda as he ate a dragon fly, cheering him on, but I know that back in September or even last week, that would have never happened. I cannot wait until we get started with our work because I know that these bonds that we have created will only become stronger.

-Kaila Proulx

No comments:

Post a Comment