Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hi, my name is Tyler Libonate. This is my first year of participation in the NOLA Service Lesrning group. I have however taken part in the philly service learning trip as well as being given the opportunity to coordinate the New York service learning trip last year. upon arrival in New Orleans I was shocked to see the present conditions. Although I have been efficiently warned of the conditions prior to embarking on this journey, it hits you even more when you experience them first hand. Due to this we were very excited to begin working. However we experienced an issue when our first event was rained out. Instead of being upset however we decided to spend the day getting to know each other and the city. Although our first day may not have been what it was cracked up to be the way in which we experienced eachother and our surroundings made this trip even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment