Thursday, April 23, 2015

Fences

Today I signed up to go to Mrs. Daisy's house for half the day and then move on to a project at Mrs. Jannettes house. However, after we finished at Mrs. Daisys it started pouring and we had to leave. We went back to United saints and started working on a fence for them. While we were working on the fence more and more group starting to come home from the work day. No one hesitated to join in and help us with the fence for even a second. Everyone here is so willing to help and genuinely kind. The fence eventually got finished and all the four square games were resumed  
The fence just served as a reminder to me of this groups compassion. No one here helps because they have to, they really do help because they want to. As we finished painting the fence, a sad song came on the radio and I started thinking about how much I'm going to miss it here. Leaving makes me more sad than anything else and I really don't know who I'm going to be back home. New Orleans has become a piece of me and I'm so grateful to everyone who helped make that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment