Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Usually, our nightly reflection circles bring up happy memories or serious realizations in the beginning of the trip. This night in particular was filled with tears. This doesn't mean, however, that this particular reflection was "too much" or negative; It was probably the most powerful and beautiful experience I've had this week so far. It began with an exercise in which every member of the group wrote down something they wish people knew (about themselves, society, their lives etc.), and then they were read aloud anonymously. I was surprised to hear so many confessions of anxiety and uncontrollable sadness, and while at first I was taken back, it came as a relief to know that I wasn't alone. I've never felt so secure in a group of people as I have on this trip, and I should have realized earlier that we can all understand each others problems or at least listen to them. 

Coming back from the trip we always refer to each other as a family, because of the love we share for each other and our work. This year, our family has shared our best times and our worst times and I feel that we are only stronger because of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment