Wednesday, April 22, 2015


So today Wednesday the 22nd I was able to work at Mr. Matthew Webbers home, we had the job of siding his house, we took the job and ran of the wood for siding in about an hour. So Twiggy our site manager decided to head to Home Depot to get some more wood for the job at hand. I was gifted enough to be able to drive with Twiggy, just Twiggy and I. This whole trip I have been looking for an experience that made me realize something important, Twiggy gave me that experience. He had come down to NOLA as soon as they let me, and he has tried to leave but only got to Maryland before he could not stand not being here to help. He mentioned to me that he no longer has any contact with his family because he has been away for son long and that now The United Saints is him home and that he loves the people here like his family. It made me think about how much I love every single person on this trip. These people are my family away from home, they make me feel at home here in New Orleans which is really something special. This group of people is my 2nd family, here and when we go back and I hope that we can all stay as close as we are on this trip because I would not like to loose someone that I now consider as close as family.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment